If you're using up all your fuel too quickly, look no further than the tips below!
We're seeing a massive green movement in our society. From investments to energy and land conservation, people across the globe are looking for ways to decrease their carbon footprint and increase their socially responsible behaviors.
The U.S. Postal Service has always been a champion of the latest transportation methods, constantly seeking ways to be more efficient–including how to be more fuel efficient. From one of their brochures, titled “We’re Greener Than You Think,” here are some handy tips for motorists to help them glean the most out of every last drop of gasoline:
- Keep your tires properly inflated—this can improve MPG by up to 3.3%.
- Remove excessively heavy objects from your car—an extra 100 pounds can reduce MPG by up to 2%.
- Watch the lead foot—many cars lose MPG at speeds above 60 mph.
- Avoid excessive idling, as this can use up to a half gallon of fuel per hour. Restarting your car uses much less fuel.
- Keep your road rage in check, as aggressive driving wastes gas and can decrease MPG by up to 33% at highway speeds and 5% around town.
For more helpful tips, click here.
Want to learn more about how SunStar can help your renewable energy company?