SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
SunStar Strategic is seeking an ambitious Senior Account Executive for our Alexandria, Virginia office who can manage client accounts and help generate new business for the firm.
Our focus is on the financial services sector, so experience and coursework in this area is an advantage. A position at SunStar is ideal for those interested in the intersection of marketing and finance.
Candidate will manage media relations services to current clients, recognizing that excellent client service and client retention is a core commitment of the firm. The successful candidate will also participate in the business development process.
- Minimum of three years’ experience leading client accounts and working with executives
- Proven client service/relationship building experience
- Able to travel periodically to New York and other cities
- Have relationships with top business and financial journalists/publications
- Participate in 2-3 industry conferences annually
- Participate as a speaker or panelist at industry conferences or firm webinars
- Experience in use of social media and other digital outreach in PR
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
- Leadership experience outside of work
- Twenty-five-year history
- Represents national and international well-known financial clients as well as fast-growing firms building their brands
- Core service is media relations
- Additional services: website development, digital marketing, collateral design and copywriting, video production and content programs
This position is a good fit for someone who may be frustrated with the frenzied environment of a large firm and who would like to have more control over his/her career.
SunStar has an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes employee growth and opportunity. We offer in-house educational programs and staff members continually learn new skills and grow professionally.
Benefits include health insurance and 401k plan.
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing how you fit the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital PR/Marketing Contract Work
Work with us to expand digital PR/social media programs for our clients based on your knowledge of best practices in the financial industry.
- Must have experience working in the digital PR/marketing space for an asset management or mutual fund provider targeting financial advisors.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in digital delivery: effective budgeting, knowledge of audience per social media platforms, nurturing programs, optimizing content.
- Experience with asset managers/fund managers targeting financial advisors, not retail.
- Ability to execution on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook in the advertising/sponsorship realm: Experience in ad set up, sponsor opps, selecting the target audience, monitoring the performance and interpreting and adjusting based on the analytics
- Results/analytics experience: We realize no one can guarantee and no one can even predict. That said, based on prior engagements, help us set our own and our clients expectations and interpret related analytics “in English.”
- Training: We expect to learn from you to make this practice an integral part of our internal skill set.
This is a contract position.
Please submit a summary of your specific skills and experience as they relate to our requirements in additon to your resume to Marilyn Dale at email@example.com