Are you the missing piece in our firm? SunStar Strategic is hiring.
ASSOCIATE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
SunStar Strategic, a national PR and marketing firm specializing in financial services, is searching for an Associate Account Executive (AAE) to provide PR services to clients.
Your primary responsibility will be pitching stories to journalists at the country’s top financial media. As a member of a team led by a senior account executive (AE), you will also participate in regular strategy meetings with clients to generate story ideas, assist with Media Training and Messaging Workshops, travel to client locations, attend internal team meetings, and conduct research and other projects as needed. You will work a minimum of three days a week in person in our metro Washington, DC headquarters.
An AAE is immediately given serious responsibilities interacting with major journalists and with executives at client firms. Within six months, an AAE will be communicating directly with the CEOs (Chief Executive Officers and CIOs (Chief Investment Officers) of asset management firms managing billions of dollars.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least one years’ experience as a phone rep for a financial services firm.
- Leadership abilities from high school, college, athletic programs, and/or community projects.
- Business or communications degree
- Knowledge in blockchain and cryptocurrency.
- Knowledge about mutual funds, ETFs, stocks and bonds
- Be persuasive, highly competitive and dogged in getting the job done.
Our select clients expect the best service in the industry.
We build public relations programs beginning with helping financial clients define who they are and then creating and executing news media outreach plans to expand their brands and drive sales. SunStar’s AEs and AAEs promote clients to a full, powerful range of news media including major print publications, online news sources, broadcast news and blogs.
The SunStar PR team also works with SunStar’s marketing team that builds websites and provides a complete range of digital and print marketing as well as social media services.
Founded in 1991, SunStar Strategic provides a full range of PR and marketing services to clients.
We offer a hybrid work environment with employees working in the Alexandria, Virginia office three days each week and at home two unless traveling. SunStar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and is woman-owned business. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive health coverage, a 401(k) plan and other benefits.
- Hit the ground running – interact with our financial clients’ top executives who manage billions of dollars.
- Pitch high-profile financial journalists and media outlets to secure interviews for our clients.
- Coach our clients on best practices before/after each interview.
- Bring fresh ideas to your prospects, clients and colleagues.
- Continually build your knowledge about financial concepts and PR processes.
SunStar Strategic, a well-established national Public Relations (PR) and Marketing firm specializing in financial services, is searching for an Account Executive (AE) to join its PR team in its metro Washington, D.C. headquarters.
As a member of a Senior AE-led team, you will help clients define their differentiating messages, then create and administer news media outreach plans to expand awareness of the client’s brand and help drive assets. Unlike larger firms, you will not be behind the scenes with strictly administrative tasks. Instead, you will pitch your assigned clients to a broad, powerful range of news media, including major print publications, online news platforms, broadcast news and blogs.
You can look forward to hitting the ground running following onboarding, interacting with both high-profile journalists and executives at our client firms. Within six months, you will be communicating directly with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and Chief Investment Officers (CIOs) at asset management firms managing billions of dollars. Before and after interviews, you will coach your clients to help them follow best practices for success and prepare monthly reports for each assigned client. You will take advantage of cross-selling opportunities for SunStar’s marketing services as they arise.
As a boutique firm, we will look to you to bring fresh ideas to your clients in addition to your daily PR pitching. You will also be an important contributor to the ongoing evolution of our firm, recommending enhancements to our processes, helping plan our annual conference, participating in the sales process, and continually building your knowledge of financial concepts and PR.
- Driven to succeed: persuasive, highly competitive and dogged in getting the job done.
- Desire to deliver the best service in the industry to our clients.
- Proven leadership abilities from college, athletic programs, community projects and/or work experiences.
- Minimum of one year of experience pitching financial reporters.
- Willingness to travel.
- Degree in business and/or communications is preferred.
We offer a hybrid work environment with employees working in the Alexandria, Virginia office three days each week. The PR team works with SunStar’s Chicago-based marketing team to offer services beyond PR, such as websites, comprehensive traditional and digital marketing programs and social media services that you can offer to your clients.
Founded in 1991, SunStar Strategic provides a full range of PR and marketing services to clients. PR services include news media outreach, messaging, media training, branding, press conferences. Our Virginia-based PR team works with our Chicago-based marketing team to offer services beyond PR, such as websites, comprehensive traditional and digital marketing programs and social media services.
Visit www.sunstarstrategic.com to learn more.
Please send a cover letter with your salary expectations and resume to Katrine Eik,
SunStar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and is woman-owned business. Benefits include health insurance and 401k plan.
DIGITAL PR/MARKETING CONTRACT WORK
Work with us to expand digital PR/social media programs for our clients based on your knowledge of best practices in the financial industry.
- Must have experience working in the digital PR/marketing space for an asset management or mutual fund provider targeting financial advisors.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in digital delivery: effective budgeting, knowledge of audience per social media platforms, nurturing programs, optimizing content.
- Experience with asset managers/fund managers targeting financial advisors, not retail.
- Ability to execution on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook in the advertising/sponsorship realm: Experience in ad set up, sponsor opps, selecting the target audience, monitoring the performance and interpreting and adjusting based on the analytics
- Results/analytics experience: We realize no one can guarantee and no one can even predict. That said, based on prior engagements, help us set our own and our clients expectations and interpret related analytics “in English.”
- Training: We expect to learn from you to make this practice an integral part of our internal skill set.
This is a contract position.
Please submit a summary of your specific skills and experience as they relate to our requirements in additon to your resume to Marilyn Dale at