Are you the missing piece in our firm? SunStar Strategic is hiring.
senior ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
SunStar Strategic, a national PR and marketing firm specializing in financial services, is seeking an ambitious senior account executive.
This is an ideal position for someone who is frustrated at a large PR-Communications firm where there is no room in forging your own path, a firm where there is only a rigid ladder to progress through. Frustrated that after several years of good performance your voice is still not heard nor appreciated or others take credit for your work, you are looking for a new opportunity.
SunStar Strategic is a boutique firm that appreciates talent and gives people major responsibilities and recognition for their work regardless of their years’ experience. Senior account executives work autonomously following their own discipline and creativity. They create media campaigns for their clients working directly with the owners and CEOs.
Key responsibilities are managing clients, developing messaging, and generating news coverage. The executive pitches client stories to the top financial news organizations and persuades them of the excellence and importance of our clients.
We have serious clients who expect results. The successful candidate will be persuasive, highly competitive and dogged in getting the job done.
A position at SunStar is ideal for those interested in the intersection of marketing and finance.
Employees work three days a week in our Alexandria VA office and two days remotely.
- Minimum of three years’ experience leading client accounts and working with executives
- Proven client service/relationship-building experience
- Able to travel periodically to New York and other cities
- Have relationships with top business and financial journalists/publications
- Participate in 2-3 industry conferences annually
- Participate as a speaker or panelist at industry conferences or firm webinars
- Experience in using social media and other digital outreach in PR
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Leadership experience outside of work
- Twenty-five-year history
- Represents national and international well-known financial clients, as well as fast-growing firms building their brands
- Core service is media relations
- Additional services: website development, digital marketing, collateral design and copywriting, video production and content programs
SunStar Strategic has an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes employee growth and opportunity. We offer in-house educational programs and staff members continually learn new skills and grow professionally.
Benefits include health insurance and 401k plan.
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing how you fit the position requirements to
DIGITAL PR/MARKETING CONTRACT WORK
Work with us to expand digital PR/social media programs for our clients based on your knowledge of best practices in the financial industry.
- Must have experience working in the digital PR/marketing space for an asset management or mutual fund provider targeting financial advisors.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in digital delivery: effective budgeting, knowledge of audience per social media platforms, nurturing programs, optimizing content.
- Experience with asset managers/fund managers targeting financial advisors, not retail.
- Ability to execution on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook in the advertising/sponsorship realm: Experience in ad set up, sponsor opps, selecting the target audience, monitoring the performance and interpreting and adjusting based on the analytics
- Results/analytics experience: We realize no one can guarantee and no one can even predict. That said, based on prior engagements, help us set our own and our clients expectations and interpret related analytics “in English.”
- Training: We expect to learn from you to make this practice an integral part of our internal skill set.
This is a contract position.
Please submit a summary of your specific skills and experience as they relate to our requirements in additon to your resume to Marilyn Dale at