Success recently shared 7 things to avoid saying in order to motivate your team and be a good leader.
A good leader needs to be grounded in realism but not pessimism. By denying there are any issues, or by micromanaging your team, you're not allowing them to learn and grow. Communicate with your team and avoid these cliches:
- “There are no problems, only opportunities.”
- “Don’t do anything without asking me first.”
- "Don’t bring me any bad news.”
- “It’s not personal, it’s business.”
- “We don’t need any more ideas.”
- "I don’t want any interruptions.”
- “Failure is not an option.”
You can find the full article here to learn more about these pitfalls and find ways around them.