Putting a strategic public relations plan in place will help you get your name in front of your desired audience.
Before you get started, you may want to consider the pros and cons. We've broken down the top ten advantages and limitations for you.
- Reaches a large number of people
- Builds credibility
- Positions you as thought leader
- Builds name recognition/brand
- Stimulates demand
- Can be repurposed
- Gives your firm a personality
- Cheaper than advertising
- Boosts your ego
- Delivers detailed information to your target market
- Requires a commitment of time and energy
- Specific results are hard to measure
- May be misquoted
- Difficult to predict reader/listener response
- Interviewer controls the interview
- Can get bumped for more pressing news
- May not get into the publications you desire
- Ineffective if not strategic and consistent
- Risk you may be put on the spot
- May not be asked the questions you want to answer
Are you ready to launch a public relations plan but not sure where to start? We can help.