PR and marketing intern
Posted November 14, 2016
We are looking for college students interested in hands-on experience in public relations and marketing. Our interns work with senior partners. We require leadership experience and strong social media skills.
The positions are paid, part-time for college students and graduates.
- Social media – draft/post content for client social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Monitor client TV appearances, take notes.
- Create DVDs for clients following TV appearances
- Work on specific research projects, e.g. –
- Review financial information on Morningstar and other financial sites
- Develop reporter/media target lists for Senior Account Executives (SAEs) for media tours, reporter outreach, etc.
- Find and document articles resulting from client media interviews
- Handle miscellaneous administrative functions, e.g. create online files and organize materials appropriately, answer phones, handle shipping, correspondence, etc.
ASSOCIATE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Posted July 7, 2016
Are you working at a large public relations, advertising and marketing agency sweat shop and looking for a more civilized position at a niche communications firm where everybody knows your name and face? We want you to bring new ideas and skills to us and are eager to see you learn new skills here and mature professionally.
We are searching for a person with proven leadership; someone with a track record of building relationships with team members and clients. In this position, you will work with our PR Account Executives and clients, helping to pitch stories to online and print journalists. You will participate in message development and media training as well as work on a variety of marketing initiatives.
Get your PR career moving with SunStar Strategic.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working with reporters
• Strong digital and social media skills
• Three years at a Public Relations/Communications Agency
• Ability to do limited travel to New York and occasionally other cities